The mission of Student Involvement is to champion involvement at NC State University.
The Wolfpack’s starting place for students to get involved at NC State, Student Involvement helps students find fun and meaningful ways to make NC State home through involvement on campus. The department supports the Wolfpack’s diverse community of student organization members, leaders, and advisors through advising, education, and programming. Student Involvement also provides resources to students that make it easy to find organizations to join or start an organization that doesn’t exist.
Getting involved is an important way students can develop the sense of belonging necessary for academic success, personal and professional development. Being involved on campus is a great way to build a sense of belonging at NC State, increase cultural competencies and develop multiple perspectives, as well develop academically, personally, and professionally.
- 7 Professional Team members
- 4 Graduate Assistants
- 7 Student Team members
Select Services and Programs
Student Organization Education, Support and Management
- Student Organization Support: Student Involvement supports student organizations and leaders with administrative processes including organization registration, mail receipt, storage.
- Student Organization Council: The Student Organization Council works with Student Involvement to support communication between and collaboration of student organizations.
- Organization Advisor Support: Student Involvement hosts monthly meetings for organization advisors.
- Student Involvement Fairs: Student Involvement hosts two large involvement fairs each semester showcasing over 200 student organizations and 14 smaller fairs are held in the Student Involvement Center throughout the year.
- Online Education: Student Involvement works closely with Campus Police and the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity to provide student organization leaders and advisors with Clery Act, Title IX, and financial trainings.
- Student Involvement Advisory Board: The Student Involvement Advisory Board is comprised of diverse group of experienced NC State student leaders who support the mission of Student Involvement. Board members are integral to the success of Student Involvement and work with the department to contribute to a campus culture of inclusion and equity through the development of programs, standard operating procedures and policies.
- Special Event Review & Support: Student Involvement serves as the responsible administrator for use of university space and provides support to university and student groups planning events on campus.
- Fun Runs: All on-campus runs planned by student organizations are coordinated by Student Involvement. This provides a one-stop-shop to make planning campus runs easy!
- Traditions Keeper Ceremony: Student Involvement coordinates the annual Traditions Keeper Ceremony for students who have completed 80% of traditions listed in The Brick app. Participating students receive a Traditions Keeper medallion to wear at graduation.
- Student Government: Student Involvement directly advises Student Government. Founded in 1921, Student Government serves as the official voice of the student body and works alongside NC State administrators to address student concerns.
- University Activities Board: Student Involvement directly advises University Activities Board (UAB). UAB was established in 1951 to produce quality programming “for the students, by the students.” The mission of UAB is to create innovative activities that stimulate, motivate, educate, and involve the student body. Annual programs include Wolfstock, Pan-Afrikan Week, and TUFFTalks.