Student Organization Registration Guide
The 2019-2020 Student Organization Registration Guide includes all pertinent information about the registration process for organizations and advisors. All instructions covered in this guide must be followed in order for an organization to qualify for active registration.
Student Organization Registration will reopen for student organizations seeking active status for the 2019-2020 Academic Year on Monday, April 15th. All applications must be submitted by August 31, 2019 at 11:59PM.
- Student organizations submit a completed student organization registration form.
- Student organization presidents, co-presidents, and treasurers complete the online financial training in Reporter.
- All NC State employee advisors of the student organization complete an advisor registration form.
- Student Involvement contacts new NC State employee advisors of organization with information on trainings.
- All NC State employee advisors of student organizations complete three online trainings: Clery Act, Title IX, and the online financial training in Reporter.
- Student Involvement reviews student organization registration form including constitution, roster, trademark and licensing compliance.
- Student Involvement reviews the registration form of all NC State employee advisors of the organization.
- Student Involvement confirms that an organization’s president or co-presidents and treasurer have successfully completed online financial training.
- Student Involvement confirms that all NC State employee advisors of the organization have successfully completed Clery Act, Title IX, and online financial training.
- Student Involvement confirms that all positional leaders and/or officers of the organization must be enrolled at NC State and meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.0.
- Student Involvement confirms that the organization has at least six members.
- Student Involvement approves your student organization as registered upon successful completion of the registration process!
Information for Advisors:
The deadline for student organization advisor registration form and trainings is August 31, 2019 at 11:59PM.
- To receive information and access to advisor trainings, advisors must first complete the Advisor Registration form: https://forms.gle/VDUyJH6PSCFtDE8d9
- The four components of Advisor Registration are
- Advisor Registration form
- Clery Act training
- Title IX training
- Financial training
Important: If advisors do not complete all requirements above, including the online trainings, by the publicized deadline, the organization will not receive active registration status with NC State. If an organization is not registered, it cannot make room reservations on campus, apply for money for the organization (appropriations), participate in student organization fairs, or apply for annual student organization awards.
Completing the Online Organization Registration Form
There are very specific instructions to successfully complete the online registration form through Get Involved. Please refer to the instructions for completing this form in the 2019-2020 Student Organization Registration Guide.
Renew an Existing Student Organization
To remain active, all existing student organizations must renew their registration every year during the large open registration period. Groups that fail to register during the specified time-frame will be considered “inactive” until the next open registration period.
To complete the registration, follow these steps:
- Log into getinvolved.ncsu.edu
- Click “Submit”Click “manage” on the switchboard icon
- Click on your organization under “my memberships”
- Click on the blue “re-register this organization” button
- Complete each step of the registration form using the “Next” button at the bottom of each page
- Click “Submit”
All registration submissions will be reviewed and either Approved or Denied. To view the status or to edit your registration form, follow these steps:
- Log into getinvolved.ncsu.edu
- Click on your photo and then “Submissions”
- Click on the “Organization Registrations” tab
- Locate the submitted registration form
- The status will appear as one (1) of the following – In Progress, Pending, Approved, or Denied
- To edit the form and re-submit, click on the ‘eye’ icon