Student Involvement welcomes new student organizations to the Wolfpack! Students interested in starting a new organization! The 2020-2021 Registration Guide includes all pertinent information about the registration process for organizations and advisors seeking active status for the 2020-2021 academic year. All instructions covered in this guide must be followed in order for an organization to qualify for active registration. All applications must be submitted by August 28, 2020.
Prior to Registration
- Research. Review Get Involved to ensure another student organization is not already in existence with a similar purpose or mission. Contact similar groups to see if the ideas overlap, as this will be asked during the mandatory review session. Determine how the group will be unique and a benefit to members, the campus and surrounding community.
- Plan. Create a student organization constitution and establish how the group will maintain longevity on campus.
- Educate. Review NC State REG 11.55.07. Ensure understanding of university policies, rules, and regulations so that the group is in compliance.
- Form. Establish an executive board that consists of at least one (1) president and one (1) treasurer. Recruit at least six (6) NC State student members, and secure an advisor that is either faculty, staff, or graduate student employed by the university who is willing to complete all requirements listed above.
To become an active student organization, a registration form must be completed during the open registration period. To complete the registration, follow these steps:
- Log into getinvolved.ncsu.edu
- Click on the “Organizations” tab at the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on the “Register an Organization” button on the left-hand side
- Click on the “Register a New Organization” button
- Complete each step of the registration form using the “Next” button at the bottom of each page
- Click “Submit”
All registration submissions will be reviewed and either Approved or Denied. To view the status or to edit the registration form, follow these steps:
- Log into getinvolved.ncsu.edu
- Click on your photo and then “Submissions”
- Click on the “Organization Registrations” tab
- Locate the submitted registration form
- The status will appear as one (1) of the following – In Progress, Pending, Approved, or Denied
- To edit the form and re-submit, click on the ‘eye’ icon
- Student organizations submit a completed student organization registration form.
- Student Involvement reviews student organization registration form including constitution, roster, trademark and licensing compliance.
- Student Involvement confirms that the organization has at least six members.
- Student Involvement approves your student organization as registered upon successful completion of the registration process.
- Student organization presidents, co-presidents, and treasurers complete the online financial training in Reporter.
- All NC State employee advisors of student organizations complete three online trainings: Clery Act, Title IX, and the online financial training in Reporter.
- Student Involvement confirms that an organization’s president or co-presidents and treasurer have successfully completed online financial training.
- Student Involvement confirms that all NC State employee advisors of the organization have successfully completed Clery Act, Title IX, and online financial training.
- Student Involvement confirms that all positional leaders and/or officers of the organization must be enrolled at NC State and meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.0.
Information for Advisors
- The four components of Advisor Registration are
- Advisor Registration form
- Clery Act training
- Title IX training
- Financial training
Important: If advisors do not complete all requirements above, including the online trainings, by the publicized deadline (August 15, 2019), the organization will not receive active registration status with NC State. If an organization is not registered, it cannot make room reservations on campus, apply for money for the organization (appropriations), participate in student organization fairs, or apply for annual student organization awards.
Completing the Online Organization Registration Form
There are very specific instructions to successfully complete the online registration form through Get Involved. Please refer to the instructions for completing this form in the 2020-2021 Registration Guide.